Sunday, March 20, 2005

poetry - CHILDREN PROMISING THEIR GRANDFATHER THEY WILL BE GOOD.

CHILDREN PROMISING THEIR GRANDFATHER THEY WILL BE GOOD.

Though I am now in younger days, Nor can tell what shall befall me, I'll prepare for every place Where my growing age shall call me.

Should I e'er be rich or great, Others shall partake my goodness; I'll supply the poor with meat, Never showing scorn or rudeness.

When I see the blind or lame, Deaf or dumb, I'll kindly treat them; I deserve to feel the same, If I mock, or hurt, or cheat them.

If I meet with railing tongues, Why should I return their railing? Since I best revenge my wrongs By my patience never failing.

When I hear them telling lies, Talking foolish, cursing, swearing, First I'll try to make them wise, Or I'll soon go out of hearing.

What though I be low and mean, I'll engage the rich to love me, While I'm modest, neat and clean, And submit when they reprove me.

If I should be poor and sick, I shall meet, I hope, with pity; Since I love to help the weak, Though they're neither fair nor witty.

I'll not willingly offend, Nor be easily offended; What's amiss I'll strive to mend, And endure what can't be mended.

0 comments:

FEEDS

Share on Facebook

Save This Page in del.icio.us

Subscribe to ARC'S REVUE

Advertise on this site

photos from flickr

www.flickr.com

feel free to contact me

ARC2308 MEDIA * / NEWS / POETRY / ART / MEDIA / FRIENDS / FAMILY / TORONTO / KINCARDINE / PORT ELGIN / RADIO / TV / RSS /SPORTS / WEB / CEREBRAL PALSY / DISABILITY / MUSIC / FILM / MOVIES / VIDEO / DVD / BOOKS / JAZZ / BOCCIA / CBC / NPR / FOAF / WIKI / POEMS / VERSE / WHEELCHAIR / ONTARIO / CANADA / SEARCH / MP3 / AUDIO / AUDIOBLOG / ARC23 / ARC23 RADIO / AUDIO BLOG / PODCASTING / PUBCASTING / PHOTO / PHOTOGRAPHY / PICS / PICTURES / PHOTOS / BEAUTY / BEAUTIFUL

Followers

FLICKR GALLERY

www.flickr.com
arc23's photos tagged with arcfts More of arc23's photos tagged with arcfts